Full Stack Web Developer
Location: Remote, USA
As a full stack web developer at Boathouse Connect, you will be involved with the building and maintenance of our front-end UI as
well as our API. Being a fully remote position, you can work whatever hours are convenient to you.
- 2+ years as a rower, coxswain, or rowing coach
- Object-oriented PHP (3+ years)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Understanding of PSR-12 coding standards
- Ability to write MySQL queries (selects, inserts, updates, deletes, joins, etc.)
- API integration experience (REST, XML, JSON)
- Basic understanding of Git (commits, merging, branching, etc.)
- Basic experience with Linux Command Line
- Experince with no-sql databases such as MongoDB
- Experince with data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Server administration experience (AWS, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with project tracking software (we use YouTrack)
- Experience with group communication tools (we use Slack)
- Knowledge of the Scrum Guide (we operate on 4-week sprints, but release multiple times per month)
All of the nice-to-haves are exactly that... Nice to have. Knowledge or experience with these items is not required and
will not be penalized in our selection process. We will train you on anything you don't currently have experience in.
Things you may do (outside of your IDE)
- Participate in code-reviews with other developers
- Coordinate with outside vendors on private integrations
- Participate in regression testing of our public/private API with our mobile-app developers and outside stakeholders
- Participate in the Scrum sprint planning process
$15-20 / hour (depending on experience), working 5-15 hours per week.
Interested in joining us?
Send your resume to Resume@BoathouseConnect.com and we will be in touch shortly!